Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

GemieJ
Returning Member

South Carolina now excludes unemployment - how to amend

South Carolina decided not exclude up to 10,200 in unemployment income just a couple of days before the May 17th filing deadline.  Guidelines say that the state return should be amended.  Today when I attempted to amend, Turbotax will not allow me to remove the 10,200 from the "Other Additions" of the SC state tax return. As soon as I remove it, program puts it back in since the program was previously programed to make sure it got added back in.  Simply removing 10,200 in unemployement income from my federal return would cause an erroneous result (since my actual unemployment amount was higher).  How do I amend properly, or is there a timeline of when there will be an update for the SC state program?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

South Carolina now excludes unemployment - how to amend

The tax code for SC was just changed on May 26, 2021.  There is no way TurboTax or any other tax preparation software company will have their software changed to accommodate one state changing the tax code this late in the tax year.

Whether or not TurboTax makes a change to the South Carolina state program is not known at this time.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies