Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

danjoy72

Short year California

At the end of April 2018, we moved from California to Tennessee.  Tennessee does not have an income tax.  I purchased TurboTax Deluxe with California for state income tax.  After completing the initial screens, Tennessee is listed for the state income tax instead of California.

1.  How do I get TurboTax to use California instead of Tennessee?

2.  Can TurboTax compute a California short year return for January thru April?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Short year California

You will have to tell TurboTax you lived in another state in 2018.  The place to do this is in your Federal return, My Info, Personal information summary.

Click the blue Edit link next to your name and when the detail opens up, scroll down to Section 2. Tell us the state(s) you lived in.  Then say Yes, I lived in another state in 2018 and enter California and the date you moved to Tennessee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Short year California

You will have to tell TurboTax you lived in another state in 2018.  The place to do this is in your Federal return, My Info, Personal information summary.

Click the blue Edit link next to your name and when the detail opens up, scroll down to Section 2. Tell us the state(s) you lived in.  Then say Yes, I lived in another state in 2018 and enter California and the date you moved to Tennessee.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies