turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have a PA employee who is filing her taxes through turbotax. She works in NJ but she ended up paying some NJ income tax in error from our co. How can she get that back?

She lives in PA, works in NJ. does not know where/how in Turbotax to claim that NJ state income money back.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MarilynG
Expert Alumni

I have a PA employee who is filing her taxes through turbotax. She works in NJ but she ended up paying some NJ income tax in error from our co. How can she get that back?

She could file a Non-Resident State Return for New Jersey to get a refund of the taxes she paid there.

Here's more info:

https://www.state.nj.us/treasury/taxation/njit25.shtml

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

4 Replies
MarilynG
Expert Alumni

She could file a Non-Resident State Return for New Jersey to get a refund of the taxes she paid there.

Here's more info:

https://www.state.nj.us/treasury/taxation/njit25.shtml

Great thank you! Can she do that through TurboTax? Or does she have to go to the NJ state tax website?
MarilynG
Expert Alumni

Yes, can be done through TurboTax, along with her Federal return and Resident PA returns.

Thank you!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies