turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

PTR1

Does TurboTax Business edition support e-filing to the state of Virginia for a Sub S (form 502)? VA requires e-filing for a Sub S, and in the past TT did not do this.

I have not been able to use TT for the last 4 or 5 years since it would NOT do e-filing for Sub S for the state of Virginia.  Is there anyone who's doing Sub S e-filing to Virginia this year?  If so, any problems?  Also, how much does this cost?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies
DDollar
Expert Alumni

Does TurboTax Business edition support e-filing to the state of Virginia for a Sub S (form 502)? VA requires e-filing for a Sub S, and in the past TT did not do this.

Yes, you can E-file your state return(s) for only $24.99 per state return.** You may e-file up to three (3) state returns per federal tax return.  For additional information see: TurboTax Business

PTR1

This question pertains to BUSINESS Pass Thru Entity.  1120S Federal filing; VA 502 Filing.  VA requires electronic filing of the 502.  Can someone confirm for me that the Turbo Tax business version will allow E-FILING of VA 502?  Any info would help!

AmyC
Expert Alumni

Yes, for most forms. The business software supports many forms for e-filing. As I don't know everything in your return, here is the link to S Corp VA forms that are supported.

If you need a fuller range of answers, please see this link for all of the states and types of business.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

It appears, multiple forms from turbotax business (Virginia) are not supported and cannot be removed to efile including the VA-8453P.

AmyC
Expert Alumni

If you are unable to e-file, you will need to paper mail. The deadline is March 16.

do i need to pay for state each time you file a different business (my cd allows filing five businesses .. if i have same state for all businesses and purchase one state can i use the same state to prepare and file all 5 businesses?)

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

The cost to e-file a state return is $19.99 until March 1, and then it goes to #24.99.  You can avoid the state e-file fee if you print, sign and mail the state returns instead.

Thank you. 

Looks like some states make it mandatory to efile (NY) and also some states does not charge for efile (NY). So can I assume that for NY we must efile and there is no charge? Turbotax advertises NY efile for free here: https://www.newegg.com/intuit-turbotax-business-2019-federal-efile-for-windows-download/p/N82E168321...

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

According to this Turbo Tax link, if you use turbo Tax software, you can efile NYS returns free.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies