Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

WHERE DO I FIND NJ "RETURNS WITH PASS THROUGH BUSINESS ALTERNATIVE INCOME TAX CREDIT" IF I DO NOT HAVE A BUSINESS ON MY TAXES

FILED A 1099-NEC FOR A TOWNSHIP INCENTIVE BUT TURBO TAX THINKS ITS A BUSINESS AND WILL NOT LET MY STATE TAXES TO FILE
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

WHERE DO I FIND NJ "RETURNS WITH PASS THROUGH BUSINESS ALTERNATIVE INCOME TAX CREDIT" IF I DO NOT HAVE A BUSINESS ON MY TAXES

I am getting the same error on all NJ returns that I file from an update this morning.

It will not allow efile on any New Jersey returns

Returns with Pass Through Alternative Income Tax Credit are not eligible for efile

Its a new tax law in NJ starting 1/2020 but I think its a error on the update as that form shows 0 in all the line items.  Its producing the form in error Have to wait for another turbo tax update to correct this error

bobandjake
Returning Member

I'm having the same problem, can you tell me if Turbo Tax is at least aware of the problem?

ny_1
Level 2

I have the same problem in the online version.

Same problem here. Let's get it fixed Turbo Tax. Been waiting weeks to file then this pops up.

Same issue.

I don't have business income but I cannot file my state return electronically becaus Turbo Tax I have  a return with pass through business alternative income tax credit.

bobandjake
Returning Member

Looks like the issue was fixed with the update overnight!!!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies