There are 2 ways to download your TurboTax State program.
Through your TurboTax CD/Download software
This works for state programs you purchased as well as the free state download that comes with certain software packages:
- With your return open in TurboTax, choose Download State from the Online menu near the top.
- Save your return when prompted.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to purchase (if necessary), download, and install your state.
- Repeat for additional state programs. When you finish with your federal return and move on to the State tab, you'll see the state(s) you installed.
From your TurboTax Account
Follow the directions in this article to download and install the software you purchased at TurboTax.com. After installing the state program, you'll see the state(s) on the State tab when you open your return in TurboTax.
- What if I accidentally downloaded the wrong state?
- How do I download the software I purchased at TurboTax.com?
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Next year I will not be using TurboTax after about 25 years. I paid 44.95 for the state download, then got screwed out of another 24.95 to e-file, which I assumed (and it should be) was included in the download. WHAT A RIP! $30 FOR THE DELUXE CD FOR FEDERAL, $70 FOR STATE. ABTT.
This isn't working right now. It appears the Intuit servers aren't responding often enough for the many steps involved here to succeed. It gets stuck somewhere along the way (not always in the same place).
When is this going to work again? It's been 5 days.