turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Where can I find the NY form IT-112-R form in turbo tax (or how can I get the option to include this form)

Sorry the token cut off. It's 1000719.

Thanks.

LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

Where can I find the NY form IT-112-R form in turbo tax (or how can I get the option to include this form)

To fix your error, please follow the instructions below:

1. Open your return.
  2. Click on State on the left-hand side.
  3. Click Edit next to New York.
  4. On the page, You Just Finish Your New York Return, click Start or Update next to Credits and Other Taxes.
  5. On the page, Take a look at New York credits and taxes, click Start or Update next to Taxes Paid to Another State.
  6. Click Edit next to NJ.
  7. On the screen Enter New Jersey Information, erase $8,104 and enter total tax of $7,345. 
  8. Continue through your return.

Your return no longer has any errors on form IT-112-R. 

@dadstray

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

I don't see that your return has any errors.

@jasondeanny

This is what I see: (Note... removed the amount in the box for this post.)

TTFix.pngTTCE.png

LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

Can you confirm that the credit amount is $3,991? 

The information on your New Jersey Information screen should read:

• $3,402 total tax withheld
  • $589 balance due to NJ on return

This would equal the $3,991, which is correct. 

@jasondeanny

Thanks Lena. Not sure why TT automatically put in a different amount when it calculated and completed the form. I'll put in 3991.

Greatly appreciated.

I am also having the same issue. My token number is: 1008653

@LenaHI am having a similar issue with the IT-112-R form. Could you help me figure out what would I need to alter for my specific tax situation ? I understand the tax deadline is Monday, however if you could respond to this before then I would greatly appreciate it.

LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

1. Open your return.
  4. On the page, You Just Finish Your New York Return, click Start or Update next to Credits and Other Taxes.
  5. On the page, Take a look at New York credits and taxes, click Start or Update next to Taxes Paid to Another State.
  7. On the screen Enter New Jersey Information, erase $1,273 and enter total tax of $592. 

@Ravingskull

Can you provide your token?

@Simon_Phoenix

Thank you ! How do I get a token ?

Hello again.  I am on the page "Enter New Jersey Information" and the amount I see on that page is 556 not 1,273. should I just erase the 556 and put in the 592 ?

LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

You can send us a “diagnostic” file that has your “numbers” but not your personal information. If you would like to do this, here are the instructions: Go to the black panel on the left side of your program and select Tax Tools. 

1. Then select Tools below Tax Tools. 
  2. A window will pop up which says Tools Center.  
  3. On this screen, select Share my file with Agent.
  4. You will see a message explaining what the diagnostic copy is. Click okay through this screen and then you will get a Token number.
  5. Reply to this thread with your Token number. This will allow us to open a copy of your return without seeing any personal information.  

We will then be able to see exactly what you are seeing and we can determine what exactly is going on in your return and provide you with a resolution.

@Simon_Phoenix

Hello, my token number is 1011601. Once again , thank you

LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

1. Open your return.
  7. On the screen Enter New Jersey Information, erase $556 and enter total tax of $414. 

@Simon_Phoenix

Thank you !!! That worked !!! Thank you so much for your help!!!!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies