turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What is the work around for TurboTax 2020 Business requiring the completion of Arizona Schedule MSP for Single State Service Provider.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

What is the work around for TurboTax 2020 Business requiring the completion of Arizona Schedule MSP for Single State Service Provider.

Problem Solved, Finally.

1. The latest Arizona update occurred on 3/4/21 - I applied that.

2. I also removed the entire State Tax Return using this process:
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/state-taxes/help/how-do-i-clear-my-state-return-in-the-turbotax-fo...

3. Saved and then Saved As a new version.

When doing Arizona State return, TurboTax still caused the same error of requiring the completion of MSP even though we are a single state provider of services.

4. Switch to Manual Forms (upper right) when the MSP form error reappeared and had to delete it manually.

However, unlike previous attempts this time no additional errors were caused or repeated and the state and federal reviews completed successfully.

View solution in original post

19 Replies

I have the same problem and am on hold (22 minutes so far) with support to ask for a fix for this. Also I find that the manual NOL entries are shown 2 years before they occurred (yes, I entered them in correctly).

Looks like you and I are the pioneers for this problem. When I talked with support there was no prior notice of this problem. I was promised an email when there is a correction made to fix this. I'll post again when I hear back from them.

Question: Does the MSP request only appear when you do the Error check for the state form? That is when my problem appears but no where else. But I'm not sure I can file electronically (I'm told that is required for 120A) with the found errors after I ignore the MSP prompts in the review.

I am also having this problem....

Having the same problem.  Weird that TurboTax says that AZ requires the state return to be electronically filed (I filed by mail last year).  The software won't even let you print out a paper copy of the state return when requested via the File by Mail prompt (although you can print elsewhere).  Does anyone know if we can file by mail?  Thanks in advance!

sal2
Returning Member

I talked to Turbotax and they had me delete it if it didn't apply

M_Heitz

If you don't need the form you can delete it. We successfully deleted it and the loop was gone.

In the instructions for Schedule 120A published by the AZ Dept. of Revenue there is a requirement to file all 2020 corporate income tax electronically. I files by mail last year but can't do so this year. 

I deleted the MSP form it was showing. It is now asking for me to upload Arizona form 349 Credit for qualified facilities. Nothing is checked on the main form. Review also asked me for entries no applicable to a 100% Arizona S corp.

The MSP issue will resolve if you delete the State Return and re-enter.  But you then still run into a problem with Form 349 and the non-apportionable income description form.  I'm working with support also to get this resovled.

I just uploaded the IRS signature form every single time AZ asked me to upload a file.  Hoping that when AZ gets it they will throw those forms away!  So silly!

Motofish

Thx.   Having the same problem.  How do I delete it?

Delete the MSP4 or delete your state return

To delete your state return you delete it from the file drop down menu.

If you redo your state return the msp form doesn't get created.

Deleting my AZ return did not fix the MSP problem. I was able to finally delete the MSP Schedule. The MSP Schedule  does not show up in the list of schedules attached to the return. You must :

Click on Forms in top right toolbar - you may not see MSP Schedule here but then;

Click Open Form just above the Forms in My Return;

Click  Open Form;

Schedule MSP should appear under the Arizona Corporate Income Tax Return;

Click on the MSP Form and once it comes up select Delete Form button on bottom of display.

This worked for me. 

Besides the MSP problem there is also a problem when I am prompted to enter Loss Carryovers. I entered data for 2018 but the program put that data in the 2016 year.

Based on the poor execution of the programming for the AZ State Return, I will not purchase the state product next year. I can fill out the online fillable form without all the hassles of this work around, get it done in a week less time and save the $50 I paid for the State Tax module. 

Clear the DATA from your state return..... RESOLVED: How to clear my state return

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies