Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Virginia state income tax return status

I received a refund date

Hello everyone, please check your Virginia State again, I checked mine on Saturday and received a ddd

Mine updated Saturday to we are processing your return but no refund date

I highly recommend creating an individual account on the website for va dept. Of tax that gave me more information then the wheres my refund page it also allows you to see when you received refunds for previous years and other helpful things..making tax payments etc. My return is done just waiting on a refund date to show. 

Ok that helped tremendously. It should refund 2/6/20. So with that, i wonder how long until ill get the return in my back? Actually what days does VA DD?

Looking back at my refund dates it looks like Friday was the date i got mine when it was DD and Monday when i was issued a paper check.im I'm thinking this Friday we will get it since they are completed and Monday is a holiday. 

I'm in the same boat. My VA return was accepted on January 29 and I still haven't been able to see any updates on the Virgina wmr site. It continues to tell me to check my information. Hopefully, it'll update and I'll see something soon.  Does anyone know how often the Virginia site updates?

I updated to a refund date of 2-20 this morning finally. Seems va is slow to release funds compared to previous years. All the best to everyone still waiting on updates. 

**if it wont show you anything when you input your info they just simply havent got to yours yet...make a individual tax account that provides more info and check daily...i also put my email in on WMR and the state did update me everytime something changed**

DMarkM1
Expert Alumni

The site also provides a phone number for automated updates in case that is more current.  804.367.2486

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
KYOTE

I am having the same issue. Turbo Tax says that my VA refund was accepted on 01/30/2020 but VA has no information in regard to my refund. I'm just going to refile at this point. Turbo Tax has become worthless software.

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

Don't refile because if your Va return on Turbo Tax says accepted, it is somewhere in the Va server. If you called VA and if they have no record, it means that the refund has not been processed but is waiting in its server to be processed. It will do you no good to refile since it has already been submitted and accepted.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Don't refile...they are just moving slow this year. We all had the same issues and it updated after a week or two...not in turbo taxes control once the state accepts it. 

Irene2805
Expert Alumni

Sometimes the state websites take a while to update.  States frequently take much longer to process returns, especially with identity theft precautions, and it's not uncommon for them to take weeks before their status lookup tools are able to locate accepted returns.

You can go by the status on TurboTax -- Check your e-file status -- eventually the state website will catch up!

You can also confirm the e-file status of both your federal and state returns by signing back into TurboTax.   Your e-file status should be the first thing you see.  For more information, please see this TurboTax Help article:  Why doesn't the government have any record of my pending return?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies