Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Virginia state income tax return status

Is anyone having difficulty finding out the status of their Virginia state income tax return? I filed on the 28th and still nothing comes up in Virginia state where's my refund status site. I know I am answering in my information correctly but absolutely nothing comes up not even showing that it was accepted. I did receive an email from TurboTax saying that my Virginia state and federal taxes was accepted oh, so what is the deal?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

27 Replies
sarah20
Returning Member

I am having the exact same issue. I received a text from TurboTax on 1/27 that my Virginia state was accepted, but the VA where is my refund site cannot seem to locate it. I wish I had an answer for you and me both.

Mine is the same accepted last Wednesday and VA wheres my refund site says nothing , also my state Tax account says , my 2019 refund has not been processed. so i guess they have accepted it but have not  processed it.

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

When you log into your Turbo Tax return, does it show that your federal and Va state return was accepted? if so, then it is still being processed by the State of Va. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I have the sane question, mine was accepted but online it tells me to check my information

my state and federal say accepted on Turbo

Exact same thing is happening to me as well. It says to double check my social but I know for a fact everuthing is inputted correctly.

Same boat. I hope there is no issues.

Beckyb10

I am having the same issue. Keeps saying to check to make sure information was entered correctly.

Beckyb10

Received the text that both were accepted. Va site keeps telling me that my information is not entered correctly. I know for a fact it is correct.

I'm in the same boat. Filed taxes on Feb. 1, got receipt from TurboTax saying Virginia accepted the return. Now, the Virginia site is telling me to check my info.

WKins2
Expert Alumni

This can happen when VA has accepted the return, but not completed the processing of it. Accepted means that have accepted the file from TurboTax, but they still need to process it. Give it a few days and then try to see if you can track your refund.

If you are unable to track your refund you can call the VA department of revenue and speak to a tax representative. They will be able to answer your questions and let you know what they are showing in their system. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Update: it now says my return is completed when i log into my tax account. 

Same issue.  And, when I used the phone number auto check, the system says the 2019 tax refund status is not available.  Could not find any answers or comments in the VA Taxation site.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It could mean your local state agency hasn't updated their system to reflect they have received and or processed your individual tax return.  See this Turbo Tax FAQ for more information regarding How to track my state refund.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies