turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TT won't let me access Indiana state form 2210. TT used the basic method, not annualized income method. How do I access the form for Indiana.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
BillM223
Employee Tax Expert

TT won't let me access Indiana state form 2210. TT used the basic method, not annualized income method. How do I access the form for Indiana.

In the Indiana interview, proceed until you get to the screen with the title "Underpayment Penalty". Continue through this screen. Enter last year's Indiana tax.

If you appear to owe an underpayment penalty, the next screen should say "Underpayment Penalty and Interest".

The next screen is "Seasonal Income". Even though your situation may not match any of the examples, that's all they are, just examples. If you had seasonal income for whatever reason (and it sounds like you did), then answer YES on this screen.

The following screens will ask you for quarterly income allocations and credit allocations.

These screens will populate IT-2210A.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks. Get my Turbo Tax through Fidelity brokers. Since people so many people are hitting the site do to the Market panic, the link is gone. Will try later this afternoon. Sounds like I should start the state from scratch? I had to pay for it in order to see what TT was doing with form 2210.

BillM223
Employee Tax Expert

I wouldn't think that you would have to start over from scratch, but if you are using CD/download software, you can delete the state and re-add it if you don't mind re-entering your Indiana data again.

However, I did note in my test that something I did after entering the quarterly income and credit allocations caused me to no longer have an underpayment penalty, and then when I went back, I couldn't see the screens for the allocations.

I did not bother to pursue this, since I figured that you would want to know how you got into the allocation screens...but just be aware of TurboTax's tendency to do dynamic screen sequences, which means that sometimes it's hard to get back to where you were.

Bill,

Followed your advice, unfortunately could not restart state return since it was paid for.  The interview process would not work. Did a revisit and Indiana tax guys said I was a farmer/fisherman? The federal form was plain old 2210, not 2210-F.  I am going to let it go. Will see what Indiana DOR will say. Swear the first interview process for the state never asked any question except if I was a farmer or fisherman which I answered no.

BillM223
Employee Tax Expert

Before we declare defeat, let's try this.

Do you have the Online product or the Desktop product?

*** Desktop***

1. go to View (at the top), choose Forms, and select the desired form. Note the Delete Form button at the bottom of the screen.

*** Online ***

1. go to Tax Tools (on the left), and navigate to Tools->Delete a form

2. Scroll down to the Indiana forms and delete form IT-2210

3. Then retry the Indiana interview to see if you persuaded TurboTax to show you that screen I referred to after the farmer/fisherman screen.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies