Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Trouble eFiling State S Corp Return

I filed my Federal Return by mail but I need to file NJ S Corp return by eFile.  When I attempt to do so, I get an error message that indicated the business name must be linked to the Federal return.  The business name displayed on the NJ form is correct, but it is in RED like an override.  I suspect this is happening because I am not eFiling the federal return.  It says something about making the Federal return a PDF attachment but I can't figure out how to do so.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Update - Turbotax updated NJ S Corp software today, and now I am able to eFile my NJ S Corp returns without having to eFile the Federal returns.  Yay!!!!!!!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
JeffreyR77
Expert Alumni

Efile of the New Jersey S-Corporation return is not supported by TurboTax Business.

NJ requires eFile of Business returns.  If Turbotax no longer supports eFile, then why did they sell me the software.  Why does the ready to file option give you the option to select eFile and if you don't select efile, you get a reminder that says you must use efile.  It won't even allow you to print a return for filing my mail.

eFile my NJ business returns worked for the last 3 years.

Update - Turbotax updated NJ S Corp software today, and now I am able to eFile my NJ S Corp returns without having to eFile the Federal returns.  Yay!!!!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

You said the efiling of NJ SCorp is NOT supported by TurboTax?  Are you sure of that?

I originally had a problem efiling NJ S Corp return after filing Federal return by mail.  Many of the turbotax people I talked to indicated that Turbotax doesn't support efiling nj.  That's crazy.  Once they fixed a glitch in the program and issued an update, I was able to efile the NJ S Corp return.  Now I'm having the same trouble trying to eFile a NJ C-Corp return after filing Federal return by mail.  Unfortately, I'm getting the same answers from Turbotax and I can't seem to find anyone to fix the glitch like they did in March.  The latest answer from Turbotax support is File by Mail and pay the penalty (since NJ mandates that all business returns are eFiled).  Very frustrated.

Thank you for your post. I just spent more than two days trying to figure-out the problem. No help from Intuit at all. Support line is overloaded and online support just spinning. TurboTax does not indicate why the return can not be e-filed - just "Federal return must be linked or attached as a PDF", but there is no way to attach a PDF.

By the end of today, I was suspecting that the problem is the Federal E-File requirement. However, I can not E-File the F1120 because it needs an unsupported form 5472 that TurboTax does not support. So I am screwed. I can't believe that they gave you the advise to "just deal with it and pay the penalty". This is absolutely ridiculous and completely unacceptable!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies