Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

hayjay01b

In Turbotax, where do I enter line 69A of NYS IT-201, which is the NYC School tax credit rate reduction amount?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Cindy0H

In Turbotax, where do I enter line 69A of NYS IT-201, which is the NYC School tax credit rate reduction amount?

This will be automatically computed by Turbo tax through the interview process. However, if you are not a New York City resident or part-year resident, you do not qualify to claim this credit.

The credit is based on several things including filing status and income. Therefore, you will need to look at your situation to arrive at a number. Here are the complete instructions from New York (page 30):

https://www.tax.ny.gov/pdf/current_forms/it/it201i.pdf

NYrenew

HI, the info for computing the amount TurboTax generated for line 69A (N.Y> State IT-201) seems to be incorrect.  Is there a way that I can compute this other than using the info for calculating using the chart?  Is this done by TurboTax only and should not be attempted by any trying to arrive at the amount generated from TurboTax for Line 69A?

I agree, the rate calculated on line 69a is wrong. I am calculating manually but TT should step up and fix it.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies