Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Separate or bundle Form 568 when filing?

I'm ready to file and have decided to postal mail my CA state tax return. Now a simple newbie question that I cannot find answer to...

California shows a different postal address to which to send the Form 568 LLC (Return of Income) — different from the postal address to send the regular Form 540 (Tax Return). I'll be enclosing a payment check with Form 568. Turbotax instructions also say to include my tax return with Form 568.

So would I be screwed if I simply sent the whole bundle to only the postal address for Form 540? In other words, would my LLC tax payment NOT get processed if I sent it to a very similar but wrong postal address? But if I follow Turbotax instructions to the tee, I'd have to double-print the whole bundle to postal mail to the two different addresses!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Yes, you need to file two separate California returns, individual and LLC. You have to file your CA form 568 with your LLC payment to 

Franchise Tax Board
PO Box 942857
Sacramento CA 94257-0531.

The due day for failing the form is today, March 15. 

Then you can mail your form 540 to Franchise Tax Board PO Box 942840 Sacramento CA 94240-0001, due day is April 15. 

Thank you for the clear reply. I suppose double-printing the whole bundle isn't a big deal. Mine is 39 pages. My Form 540 is zero balance due. I'm just being cheap to avoid the $25 state e-file fee.

Also thanks for the reminder of today's deadline. I was totally unaware of it. Just happen to have it ready. I might miss the postmark though because it's already 5:33PM.

Also, I think TurboTax cover page should be improved to say that when making check payment with Form 568 requiring attached tax return, the entire set has to be double-printed.

One last thing. TurboTax shows the address for filing Form 568 (LLC) in CA as:

Franchise Tax Board
PO Box 942857
Sacramento, CA 94257- 0501

Different four digit extension on zip code. Hopefully no big deal.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies