Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Sch NJ-DOP: column d - Price cannot be greater than the federal amount

I was having the issues even before the update on 3/3.

ntwerd

Connected with an Expert and she said there are 2 options:

File by mail or wait for a fix. Said they are aware of the issue and that it still persists... 

I am not able to print NJ return and mail it using TT. I can't go past all the false errors I am getting.

TURBOTAX WHAT THE F**k ARE YOU DOING?

HOW CAN YOU NOT DO TAXES. 

ITS YOUR MOTHER F*+*ING JOB. 

midsgt, create a PDF and then print the pages needed from the PDF.

I called again and got the same results like some of other folks. I do agree it’s not acceptable to have this issue existing for so long and we can’t file e-file. 
In the end I printed it out and filed with mail (make sure to attach w2 and 1099s). 

Linsky2
Returning Member

I have the same problem(s)!!  I am frustrated with and angry at the incompetency and very poor quality of TT (NJ) state tax return software.

There is no point to be cornered to print and mail the paper return.  We have paid for e-file service.

We should file a class action suit against TT.

Linsky2
Returning Member

You have to paid extra to talk to an "expert" of TT to get this useless answer, right?

Is this thread monitored by TT and can they update us? They created this problem and need to fix it. When I call for help no one has a clue. Transferring from Fed to state changes the numbers and their check fails, HELP???

Returning Member

I just had the exact same problem. I also already paid by credit card. This is very frustrating!!!

We don't need a tax expert we need a software expert.

This is so frustrating. I have been  waiting for more than a month. Fed return completed, NJ pending. Why the hell they send me an email that the issue is fixed. TT - serving millions this way? 

Just got off the phone with TT in regards to this issue. Got no resolution to this problem. They are sending  a refund form via email for me to fill out. This seems like a simple software solution fix but apparently nothing has been done about it in weeks. This error only appeared after the 3/3 update. The only fix is to print and send it in to the state. Very frustrating. I'll wait about another week or so before doing that in hopes this will be resolved before then. Good luck to everyone having this issue. Next year I'll go back to TaxAct. This is actually the second year I have had similar problems. It's a shame because I really prefer TT over the TaxAct platform. Never had these problems with TaxAct.

If you print out the NJ Tax Return and mail it in, there shouldn't be a problem even if Turbotax says there are erros because of negative proceeds on the Federal Tax return being transferred over as cost on the NJ return.

I was on the phone for 1/1/2 hours today and then a chat still have 30 errors.  Apparently there is a problem with zeros are where they set up the form to be blank instead of zeros.  I cannot edit this not sure what to do now.  The tech support sucks so bad they do not have a solution to the problem

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies