Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts Retirement/Life Events! >> Event happening TODAY!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

NJ E Filing Error Message

@Hisenberg No you can still go back and delete from the federal, and then follow the directions I have above. Then delete the state and turbo tax will put that info into the “new” state return you are doing.

There isn’t a way to just change the state because  they pull the info from the federal. This will not effect the Federal they already received that return and accepted. The info you are re doing is the same number just consolidated. Years ago you would have to list every trade now you don’t have to do that anymore. You can just list the proceeds, cost basis, and date acquired . You can just put “various for that.Just make sure if you have any “wash” sales you put that number. Turbo will let you put that in manually as well.  

Hisenberg
Returning Member

@Gmen4life thank you, I’ll try but I file my federal with every trade. Is it good if i file my state return with just total numbers without every trade?

@Hisenberg The state and federal has been accepting my returns like that for years now. As long as you claim the income and provide the documents if asked, you are good. It’s when you don’t claim the income and get more back then you should thats when the IRS gets mad.

Also someone just replied on another thread that they did the way I said and it accepted there return now. 

gudday2u
Returning Member

Don't believe so. I think if you install the update NJ should go through just like the Fed. Mine did.

guy882000
Returning Member

where do i find line 1d on the online tt....and is this for crypto also ? thanks for the help

@gudday2u  If you are referring to the biz pass through error then yeah it will because that was a completely different issue that got patched last night.

If you have a 1099b With 100’s of trades and import it like that. The federal will accept it the state won’t it’s too many for the form. A few people did it the way I stated  and it went through just fine. I am not a CPA I am a however a swing trader for many years now and this is how I file my taxes with zero errors every year. 

@guy882000  1d is on the 1099b form it’s the proceeds, then you have cost basis next to it. For the  date you can enter in “various.”If you have any wash sales put that number in as well. All the info you need is on that 1099 form. For crypto you can import the CSV file and I believe turbo tax will just put in the cost basis and proceeds only. If not then look to see if the crypto exchange you trade on has a pdf 1099. If they do, then do it exactly how I said above as well and it will work just fine. After you put the numbers in turbo tax will ask you to upload the copy of the pdf’s

Hisenberg
Returning Member

@Gmen4life Binance US doesn’t issue 1099b’s. Can I just put proceeds and cost basis just like you said? I only have CSV

gudday2u
Returning Member

They fixed it last night. Mine is done, sent, and pending. GL

gudday2u
Returning Member

Acceptance does not come as quickly as the Fed. On TT it will be listed as pending, probably until Monday, but maybe sooner.

@gudday2u  Yes we know this. You are referring to something completely different then what we are talking about now. 

gudday2u
Returning Member

Some one just posted that TT screen said the submission was already paid for when the resubmitted.

@Hisenberg  If you traded stock do it the way I stated.  Auto Upload the crypto CSV file and try to re submit it like that. I am not sure how many trades you did with crypto but if it’s a ton you may still get that error form with the 0 again. 

Hisenberg
Returning Member

@Gmen4life I just put total numbers in my state return because my CSV has more than 340 crypto trades and this error can’t let me file state return. I think if they’ll need full info about every transaction they just ask me for it

I was able to finally efile my Nj return.   Anyone know how long it takes to get in accepted stage?  Now I’m nervous.  Fed was same day.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies