Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts Retirement/Life Events! >> Event happening TOMORROW!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

NC efile rejected due to incomplete K-1 information

My NC e-file was rejected 2/25/2023 with reported error: "There is incomplete or incorrect information on the North Carolina Partnership K-1."

However, I entered the NC k-1 information today. I see no "missing" information from my NC K-1. What could be causing this issue?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Today, Turbotax started up with a Program Update for NC Taxes.  I resubmitted my return and it was accepted.  

View solution in original post

5 Replies

I am having the same issue. Rejected three times. I see no issues. Even deleted and reentered data from scratch which was still rejected.  

John280
Returning Member

I am also being rejected by NC efile (2/27/23) due to incomplete or missing information on the NC K1 form. I reviewed the form multiple times and all looks right. Resubmitted 3 times and still being rejected. Is this a Turbotax issue or NC state issue?

I had the same experience on Sunday, 2/26/2023.  Same rejection message.  What I found out was that NC K-1 Supplemental Schedule and Schedule NC-K1, Partner's Share of Income, Adjustments, and Credits are unsupported forms for e-File.  The forms must be printed and your NC state tax return will have to be printed and mailed in to Raleigh (PO Box R).  So I contacted Turbo Tax automated help line and got a link to request a refund for the $20 I paid to e-File my return for NC.  The link is https://intuit.me/3KlfqtK .  At this refund site, I chose Turbo Tax CD download, then Turbo Tax Desktop, then I chose Intuit as the place I bought it (even though I purchased Turbo Tax Premier from Costco).  Then I was asked for my Intuit order #.  When I paid for my e-File state ($20) I received a confirmation of my Order Details.  In the upper right of the page is the Order Number.  I filled that order # into the refund request form along with my email and Turbo Tax looked up my order and presented the details on my screen.  I chose North Carolina and got a dialog box to explain why I was requesting a refund (the e-File did not work).  After filling in my name and email address I submitted the request.  I got a case number by return email.  I couldn't find a way to talk to a real person so I took the long convoluted method.

Today, Turbotax started up with a Program Update for NC Taxes.  I resubmitted my return and it was accepted.  

Thank you for taking the time to tell the Tubo Tax community that there was an update to the NC forms and that your e-File resubmission of your NC tax return was successful.  I did the update this morning as well and resubmitted.  My NC return was also successful.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies