turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Massachusetts inputting health coverage for Medicare

I was on private health insurance from Jan to Sept. of 2020.  For the last 3 months of the year I switched over to a Medicare advantage plan administered by Anthem, because I turned 65 and became eligible.  How do I show Medicare coverage for those last 3 months on the turbotax health coverage screen for Massachusetts?  Medicare and it's associated advantage plans do not send 1099-HC forms, nor do they upon request.  Do I just input that I had coverage for the whole year with my private carrier??  I tried calling Medicare, Social Security and the Anthem advantage plan and got the same answer, that NO 1099-HC is sent.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

When completing the health insurance interview in TurboTax, check both the "private insurance" and "something else" boxes, and check the "Medicare" box.

Continue through the interview from there.

Thanks for the help! It looks like on the Massachusetts health care coverage screens, you do not have to input which months you had coverage with what companies or the months you had medicare coverage?

That's correct - Massachusetts doesn't care where it came from, as long as you were covered.

Manage cookies