Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

JudyB3
Returning Member

Glitch in turbotax software- Form M1PR

I have successfully e-filed two returns including the Minnesota M1PR forms for the property tax refunds. I am working on my sons return, and although the Property Tax Refund Box is checked (Form M1PR) under other forms needed, it will not take me to the form.  It skips over it right to the state review.  I have tried going to the form directly, and I did enter one CRP manually, although he has two certificates.  It also is not producing the  the M1PR form for the one certificate that I entered.  I tried deselecting the checked box from the M1 worksheet, and went back through the step by step to select it again to see if it would take me to the form to enter the CRPs.  It still skips over the property tax are and goes straight to the state review.  I am a long time turbo tax user and have completed this form for many years.  Anything else to try? Any help is appreciated!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
BillM223
Expert Alumni

Are either of your sons dependents? That's one reason why they would not be eligible for the Property Tax Refund.

Please see this Minnesota brochure to see if they fail some other condition.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Joy_G55
Returning Member

This is happening to me now trying to enter in for my house property tax refund.  It doesn't allow me to input anything except for the special tax refund and then it says my refund is $0.00.  I have never had $0 for a refund.  I went out to the state's website and entered all of my information in their system and it says I should get a $1,325 property tax refund.  Something is not working correctly for Minnesota property tax refund forms.   

P_0ne

It may have to do with the 2021 showing Line 19 (1040) as a "non-refundable" (which changes the math for line 21 for M1PR worksheet)  vs in 2020 Line 19 (1040) was simply the "Child Tax Credit" (not specifying refundable vs non-refundable).

Refundable vs. Non-Refundable Tax Credits | IRS.com

For me, this slight change meant Line 21 in 2021 is $0 whereas Line 21 in 2020 for me was $6000.

Bummer, I do hope I am incorrect, I was surprised getting a big ol' $0 for a Property Tax Refund.  Possible that overall I come out ahead with additional "Child Tax Credit" money offsetting the loss of the reliable Property Tax Refund.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies