turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

free state download

I just completed federal return with TT Home and business on a desktop still running windows 7.  I will be upgrading to windows 10 in a few weeks but must first complete a critical project and in my case, upgrading to Win 10 will require a hard drive reformat.  I would really rather not do that until this project is complete so my question is -- if I proceed with a state download to windows 7 so I can complete my state return, will I be able to download the state product again after upgrading to windows 10 without being charged or will I be charged if I download a second time, even though it will be for the same state and downloaded to the same computer?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

free state download

if the state program is available for download under your account, you can download as many times as you want.

free state download

thank you for quick response.... However, I am not quite sure what you mean by 'under your account'? I loaded the Federal TT via a CD but have not yet downloaded state...so when exactly do I establish an account?  is it automatically established when I download the state program?  

DLarwood

free state download

Not my experience. I downloaded California. Returning to entry modes, "CA is not installed". Click on "Download" and voila - CA is there, ready to load, only $39.99.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies