Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Filing a state return using Turbo Tax software from previous years

Is it possible to obtain the Turbo Tax software that was in use for tax years 2012, 2013, and 2014.  For those years, I was using Tax Slayer and missed the $20,000 pension exclusion for New York state.  I noticed the omission when I filed 2018 taxes using both Tax Slayer, and Turbo Tax software.  New York state has denied my amended returns because of  a 3 year statute of limitations.  I am appealing the ruling based on the theory that New York state did not require the use of "standard practice" across multiple tax prep software providers, in that the pension exclusion was automatically populated by the Turbo Tax software based on the standard questions asked.  Upon contacting Tax Slayer when I noticed the omission, I was told it was a "voluntary entry", which was buried in their software.  I'm anticipating that during my appeal, I may be asked if using Turbo Tax software for the years in question would have automatically populated the exclusion subtraction as it did for my 2018 and 2019 taxes.  If necessary, if you have questions about my problem, it may be easier to explain verbally.  Thank you.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
AnnetteB6
Employee Tax Expert

Filing a state return using Turbo Tax software from previous years

The 2012 through 2014 versions of TurboTax are not available.  Only 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 are currently available.  

@tdpolanski

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies