Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Still need to file? Our experts can get your taxes done right. Get started >
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

PLLC in Washington state

I purchased TurboTax Business for LLC after inputting information, it told me because I am in Washington state to use Home & Business. Now I have purchased  the Home & Business, it states to use Business. Which one do I use? Help.

1 Reply
New Member

PLLC in Washington state

If your professional LLC has more than one member (ie. owners = you + at least one other), then you need TurboTax Business to complete your partnership form 1065 (or S-corporation) return for federal taxes. In this situation, when starting your federal return, select Partnership (1065)

However, you will also need a personal edition of TurboTax to file your personal tax return and include your schedule K-1 from your business. Depending on your schedule K-1 activity, you may need TurboTax Home & Business  (or the Self-Employed online edition). However, you can start in any personal edition and the software will prompt you to upgrade when entering your K-1, as needed. See here:

If you are a single member PLLC, then you default to be taxed as self-employed. In this case, if you didn't elect S-corporation status, you do not need TurboTax Business and instead you would only need TurboTax Home & Business  (or the Self-Employed online edition). In this case, you can reach out to support to correct your edition. 

Washington state doesn't have an income tax return. However, they do have a business sales tax, but this isn't handled in TurboTax. You can learn more about it here:

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Manage cookies