turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Pennsylvania cannot e-file with Federal K-1 (but no K-1 in filing?)

So, Pennsylvania cannot accept Federal K-1 through TurboTax e-file.  (See two related topics below.)  This leads to "Not Eligible for Electronic Filing", or "You Cannot E-file This Return."

However, my filing has two RK-1 (the PA version of K-1), so no Federal K-1 should be needed or included in the filing, whether a paper filing or e-filing.  It seems this message is an error.

Is there any way to get around this?  Thanks!

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/returns-with-k-1-forms-have-to-be-mailed-to-penns...

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/state-taxes/discussion/pennsylvania-return-can-t-be-filed-electron...

TurboTax Premier 2019, Pennsylvania, Windows

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Pennsylvania cannot e-file with Federal K-1 (but no K-1 in filing?)

I confirmed with the Pennsylvania instructions that RK-1 is to be filed with the taxpayer's personal forms in preference to the Federal K-1, no changes there.

I spoke with live support.  They confirmed that a federal K-1 requires paper filing, which we know.  The "expert" (second-level) agent could not seem to understand that this message is an error, because no K-1 is to be filed when a RK-1 is filed.

That's an hour of my life I won't get back.  Hopefully this helps someone else.  If you are thinking of purchasing the Pennsylvania product, I would recommend not to.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies