SamP

Pay for filing State return

Where do I enter the license code when I purchased the dvd at Staples.  I am trying to enter my credit card info!

CassLO

Pay for filing State return

The license code is entered in the License code box on the activation screen.  Select continue after you enter the code to complete the installation. 

"Expert LeonardS Employee Tax Expert"

This link Activating TurboTax CD/Download software has information that you may find useful.

clark6

Pay for filing State return

I purchased the Deluxe version, entered the appropriate code before I entered any information.  When I got to the end I was notified I needed to spend $19.99 to file my Virginia tax.  I did not use the free copy, why do I have to pay to file my state tax when the box states that state tax is included?  Is that just a scam?  Does it mean the tax forms are included but I have to pay a fee to file?  Explain, please.

SForrestLO

Pay for filing State return

@clark6

That is correct.

What is included in TurboTax CD/Download

Free Federal E-file Included — Free e-file of your federal tax return is included with your purchase of TurboTax CD/Download.

E-file Multiple Returns — Prepare and e-file up to five (5) federal tax returns at no additional cost. (This is the maximum returns limit set by the IRS.)

E-file State Return(s) — E-file your state return(s) for only  $19.99 per state return.** You may e-file up to three (3) state returns per federal tax return

Or Print and Mail Your Return(s) — Print as many copies of your federal and state returns as you need for free when you purchase TurboTax CD/Download.