turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

stguy

Turbo tax listed franchise tax, paid to nc for s-corp, on NC k-1 line 2. If this is correct, can you explain why?

Turbo tax listed franchise tax, paid to NC for s-corp, on NC k-1 line 2 indicating it should be an addition to income when filing personal state taxes (on D-400, Schedule S; Line 6).  If this is correct, can you explain why?  When I look at the instructions for filing NC personal taxes, I don't see anywhere that franchise tax should be added in.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Lynncand

Turbo tax listed franchise tax, paid to nc for s-corp, on NC k-1 line 2. If this is correct, can you explain why?

Often the starting point for a state return is federal taxable income.  On a state return state income, or franchise taxes, are often added back (along with any other fed to state adjustments needed) to get to the correct taxable income for state income tax purposes.  I hope this is helpful.

I do not see any where in turbotax business 2019 that there is a form for the nc franchise tax

??

MaryK4
Expert Alumni

The North Carolina Franchise Tax is separate business tax- TurboTax does not prepare it.

@cppi1303

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies