irockwell

NY State Tax incorrect

I'm filing my NY Nonresident and my NJ Resident, and I've correctly indicated the amount of income earned in NY (my wife earns in NJ, I earn in NY, we live in NJ) but my NY Nonresident Return is still calculating the NY Nonresident taxes based on our total income, significantly higher than it should be. 

sadiebudd

NY State Tax incorrect

I am having the same exact issue!

MaryK1101

NY State Tax incorrect

The New York tax for nonresidents applies the tax rate for your total income just to the New York income.  

Chapter 170 of the Laws of 1994 amended various provisions of the New York State Tax Law relating to the computation of the New York State personal income tax for nonresidents and partyear residents. The general theory of taxing nonresidents and part-year residents remains intact ( i.e., their tax is determined as if they were residents, and is then allocated to New York using the income percentage).