Hi everyone, Any 1 know what is "property key" when you enroll for the "The School Tax Relief (STAR) program" . but this is my 1st time try to enroll, i do not have it 119
Usually, your lawyer provides you with the property key when you close on your home. However, this is not required to complete the registration for the STAR credit.
You will need the following information to register for the STAR credit:
- names and Social Security numbers for all owners of the property and their spouses
- the primary residence of the owners and their spouses
- approximate date the owners purchased the property and the name of the sellers (this information is not required)
- the most recent school tax bill, if the current owners received one
- address of any residential property owned in another state
- the legal name of the trust, if applicable
- 2019 federal or state income tax returns for all owners
No. When applying for the NYS STAR Credit, the required answer is for whether or not you have a property key. Since you do not have yours, you would answer No to this question. I have attached a picture below for additional guidance.
Please make sure you are using the blue register link on the page Register for the STAR credit.