Non-resident State Tax Filing
Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

Non-resident State Tax Filing

I am a permanent resident of UT. I had an internship over the summer in DC, but my W-2 shows my employer state id as VA. How should I proceed? Should I file in DC even though the W-2 shows VA as the employer state id? Any help would be appreciated 🙂

2 Replies
Employee Tax Expert

Non-resident State Tax Filing

Since it shows Va as the state ID, you will need to file a non-resident return for the State of Va.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
New Member

Non-resident State Tax Filing

Thank you DaveF1006!

Dynamic Ads
Privacy Settings