turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I worked for a Staffing agency from June 2016 until January 8, 2017. They are located in Glen Allen Virginia but I worked in Mount Prospect, Illinois so will need to report that I earned monies in 2 different states and also file two state returns?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I worked for a Staffing agency from June 2016 until January 8, 2017. They are located in Glen Allen Virginia but I worked in Mount Prospect, Illinois so will need to report that I earned monies in 2 different states and also file two state returns?

No, if you only worked in Illinois and it is your resident state you only file state tax in Illinois.  The address of the company is just where they send the paperwork from so unless you actually worked in Virginia, you only have one state to file.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply

No, if you only worked in Illinois and it is your resident state you only file state tax in Illinois.  The address of the company is just where they send the paperwork from so unless you actually worked in Virginia, you only have one state to file.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies