patsycharlie54-

NJ tax return was a refund of approx. $27000. NJ have replied saying we under paid by $11,000 how this be ?

TurboTax does not receive any information from the IRS or your state after your return was filed, so no one at TurboTax knows about a letter you received from the IRS or the state.

I AM BEING AUDITED

If you purchased Audit Defense:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2924451-i-bought-max-or-audit-defense-and-now-i-m-being-audited

AUDIT SUPPORT

TurboTax has a special phone number for help with IRS/state tax letters, which will be easier than going through regular Customer Support.   At the page below, click on the blue button that says "Get Help from TurboTax Support".  Then it will ask you what tax year is your letter.  Then it will ask you what the letter concerns. Then it will show you the phone number during posted business hours.

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/irs-notice/audit-support/

Do you mean $2700, or maybe $270?  A $27,000 state refund would be exceptionally high.

Destin293

I’m pretty sure there’s a glitch in their system. I just entered all my information and it says I’m getting a $27,000 return from NY state. While that would be a nice return, I know it’s not accurate.

You must have entered a decimal point in the wrong place or missed entering it especially for state withholding in W2 box 17 or  from a 1099.