turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Oregon Tax Filing now under manual review

I am not even under manual review. Oregon says that they have not received it. Turbo tax says it was successfully submitted!
kjberglund
Returning Member

Sure appreciate all the information. I filed a non-resident return January 17. I went up on the Oregon Revenue Website and clicked on "where is my refund" and found out I am under manual review. This is the first time I have filed an Oregon return and it couldn't be more straight forward. I only work part time as I am retired. They owe me a few hundred dollars. Guess I will just increase deductions and try to level it out if this is the way they are going to do business. I can see the identity theft thing to a point. Seems like from what I read here they could check out the W2's a lot quicker than that, since they are already supposed to have them.
jakm16

I, too, am under manual review. Filed 2/2, accepted same day. I claimed EITC and already received my federal refund on 2/23. No letter from the state! I hope it doesn't really take 12 weeks!

Been using TurboTax for 8 years now, my husband and I are married filed jointly, without children, and no EIC. We have never been under manual review until this year. This is the 2nd year both of us have not been in school and we had less financial changes this year. The only major change was purchasing a 2nd home.

I filed my taxes on 2/23 and found out today 2/25 my state was under manual review :(

Found this article from last year- <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://www.statesmanjournal.com/story/news/politics/2016/03/23/waiting-your-oregon-tax-return-might-...>
Maygin

I filed 1-19 as of today 4-10 I have not heard anything from them. I contacted them 2 weeks ago and asked for an update and they said the same thing the webiste says, manual review if I haven't heard anything by 12weeks call....this Thursday will be 12 weeks!!! Hope I heard something soon.....anyone have an update after the 12 weeks wait or how long it took to get the refund with a manual review????

Let me know if you got it Maygin. I am supposed to get mine soon too and I'm worried about it.

Oregon department of revenue says If you efiled your OR state tax return, you could receive your Oregon tax refund within 4 to 10 business days... HOGWASH, I efile every year and got a manual review again like always... SICK OF IT! They want you to file early to help against tax fraud... so you do... then they put you in manual review and delay your refund. I'm on a limited income and tax returns don't get any simpler than mine... pretty ridiculous when you really need your return. No faith what so ever in that 4 to 10 day timeframe.

I have never had a "manual review" until this year and this is stupid I depend on that money. Here I sit actually doing my taxes while tons of other people don't even do theirs. Now I just pray that they don't touch my federal return

My taxes were accepted on 1.31.18.  I claimed  Dependent care and the EIC. This is the 3rd or 4th year of being manually reviewed. 1 year they requested everything under the sun to prove i paid child care and the other years they didnt request anything they just changed my status from being manually reviewed to processing with no explanation as to why it was being manually reviewed to begin with.  My mother is also in manual review this year. Is this just standard for Oregon to do this once taxes are selected for manual review? Does that mean they need additional information or does this just mean it's being process by an employee and to wait the 12 weeks for processing? Does anyone know? It's frustrating i almost want to write a letter and tell them to keep their damn refund and stop wasting my time with bs.

I have been also using Turbo Tax for years.  I filed 2/5 and had my fed return by 2/14.  Then find out on my own that my state has been pulled for manual review and I have found out that almost everyone who used Turbo Tax to file was pulled for manual review.  I was told this by a worker but could not confirm this.  All I know is that I paid state fees to file faster and get my refund quicker and now I hear that it may take up to 6 months.  I am on ssdi and husband does work but on limited income.  Do we get our state filing fee back since no early refund in the offing.?

I have been using TurboTax for about 5 years. I have never had an issue until now. Seems like mine is the same as everyone else's story. I already got my federal refund. Any idea how long after that it usually takes for them to figure it out?

im in the same boat ive received my federal already after filing on 2/8/2018 but my state says in being manually processed  smh this is second year for this so dumb...as anyone received there state yet? ive never had this problem before

rlhsh

This is not just a TurboTax thing. I am under manual review and we used a local service, Liberty Tax... first time I have ever been under review...Oregon didn’t review last year, when we had a CPA firm do our taxes. Or the year before when we owed. And we got our Federal back in less than 10 days... I am not happy!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies