Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mcda0350

My spouse and I lived in the same state, he moved to a new state and worked there but I stayed in the old state. The new state doesnt have state income tax. How to file?

He moved in October to Nevada and and immediately started his new job. I stayed in Oklahoma for the entire year. Nevada does not have state income tax but Oklahoma does.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My spouse and I lived in the same state, he moved to a new state and worked there but I stayed in the old state. The new state doesnt have state income tax. How to file?

You have to file as a resident of Oklahoma. 
Any person who spends in the aggregate more than seven months of the year within the state shall be presumed to be a resident. 

Residents are required to file if gross income from both within and outside of Oklahoma exceeds the standard deduction plus personal exemption. 

Out-of-State Income. Do not subtract nonbusiness interest, installment sale interest, nonbusiness dividends, salary/wages, pensions, gambling income, or other income for personal services.  

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You have to file as a resident of Oklahoma. 
Any person who spends in the aggregate more than seven months of the year within the state shall be presumed to be a resident. 

Residents are required to file if gross income from both within and outside of Oklahoma exceeds the standard deduction plus personal exemption. 

Out-of-State Income. Do not subtract nonbusiness interest, installment sale interest, nonbusiness dividends, salary/wages, pensions, gambling income, or other income for personal services.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies