coffeebob

My California amended return is getting rejected

I hope someone can help me with this.  I originally submitted my returns in Feb/2022.  I received my refunds quickly and I thought everything was fine.  In early April I received a form 1099-NEC so I needed to file amended returns.  Doing the amended returns was easy since all I needed to do was add the 1099-NEC information.  The returns were both submitted electronically.  The federal amended return was accepted right away but the state return was rejected with error F540-768.  On my original return I had requested that a portion of my return go towards next years taxes and the error message said that amount towards next year must be zero.  After setting the amount towards next year to zero I re-submitted the return I received the same error.  Does anyone know how to fix this?  Would it work if I printed out the return and submit it by mail?

Thank You

PatriciaV

After two rejections, we generally recommend that you print and mail, especially an amended return.

coffeebob

Thank You.  I am printing it out right now.

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing