Solved: Multiple States

Multiple States

I worked in three states and need to file a state return in each state. I read there is a TurboTax State program for $44.99 that provides unlimited states. Is this true?

Multiple States

No that is not true.  When you use online TurboTax you pay for each state program you use.

If you purchase desktop software, you get the software for ONE specific state, and each additional state costs $44.99.  There is no "unlimited" state software deal.

Multiple States

Multiple States

I WORKED IN 2 STATES ... DO I NEED TO BUY THE PROGRAM FOR EACH STATE?  CA AND IL

Multiple States

I HAVE THE IL PROGRAM....HOW DO I GET CA PROGRAM?

Multiple States

In TurboTax, follow these directions. 

• Down the left side the screen, click on State.
  • In the center of the screen, click on Your State Returns.
  • Under Status of your state returns, click Add another state.
  • Choose the state that is needed.

There may be an additional charge per state tax return prepared.

Multiple States

I'm in the same boat it looks like each additional State Program is $39.99.  TurboTax directs you to purchase online from Intuit and it downloads in to TurboTax.  It seems pretty steep for 1 state.  I got the whole TurboTax Deluxe w/ 1 State for $34.99....Oh well.

Multiple States

There is no Turbo Tax program that allows for unlimited state filing.

Multiple States

I am in the same situation. How to I order two additional state's software. I have already completed Federal return and first State return. I wish to add the two additional states., but not lose the work I have already done.  Thanks!

Multiple States

Go to the menu option at the top of your TurboTax software. Click on Online and then Download State. And follow the instructions from there.