Solved: Moved to VA end of 2017 & only made $650 within the state, w-2 didn't withhold any state tax, Do I still have to file a state return for Virginia even though it's $0?

Moved to VA end of 2017 & only made $650 within the state, w-2 didn't withhold any state tax, Do I still have to file a state return for Virginia even though it's $0?

I already did the return but didn't file it yet, and since everything is $0 I don't know if I need to send it in or not. 

No, you do not have to file or send a Virginia (VA) tax return for 2017.  The filing requirements for VA are shown below.

You must file an income tax return in Virginia if:
  • you are a resident of Virginia, part-year resident, or a nonresident, and 
  • you are required to file a federal income tax return, and
  • you have Virginia adjusted gross income equal to or greater than the amounts below: 
    • Single or married filing separately - $11,950
    • Married filing jointly - $23,900

• Married filing jointly - $23,900

Thank you!