Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Move from Tennessee to Ohio and TurboTax keeps messing up.

I get one free print State account.  Seeing that Tennessee does not have income tax i should only need Ohio.  So I say "Let's Finish My state Taxes".  then it says please buy state tax.  Tennessee is not listed, nor should it be.  Then it kicks me back out and says do you want to do your state taxes.  So it is just a circle. 

What do I do to get state done?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Try moving on without it...that is a known annoying bug carrying over from software in 2020 and before when TN might have been required.   Make sure you don't have TN at the bottom of the Personal Info page as an "Other" state you worked in during 2021.

IF you can't just skip around it by jumping to the Filing steps (if you are otherwise done) and unless someone else knows the workaround , You might have to call Customer Support to get around it as they may have had enough complaints to have a written procedure set up.

What is the TurboTax phone number? (intuit.com)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

ohhhh...and run a software update.

..there was a TTX software update issued last night.

..maybe they FINALLLLLLLLY Fixed that totally ridiculous TN bug.

(but maybe they are still ignoring the situation)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies