Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Massachusetts Schedule B Error: Requires Adjustment Not Yet Finalized

I'm seeing this issue in Deluxe downloadable -- which means I've already paid for the software, can't switch now. I've filed my taxes with TurboTax for years, considering it the "least bad" of the tax software out there. However, this is making me question my choice to use it. I'd really like to see some meaningful communication from Intuit on this issue. Due to my Betterment account (which I'm going to have to close eventually due to the tax nightmare it causes year after year), I have a few hundred small transactions on my 1099-B, some of which are wash sales -- as such, I can't easily summarize.

If this isn't fixed, I'm not going to be using TurboTax next year.

I'm also having this issue with NJ state return. I have an import with >100 transactions so that explanation makes sense. 

same issues here!!

plesae fix,

we should not need to go thru the hassle of dividing our tranx into a smaller number.  its a software bug! 

@ORANGE668 

All I'm looking for at this point is at least an acknowledgement from Turbo Tax is that this is a software bug, not an issue waiting for an updated form, and a commitment that this has been escalated to the proper software engineer with an estimate of when it will be fixed.  As far as I can tell, there was only one response directly from Turbo Tax saying they were waiting for a form update from Massachusetts.  Not only have several of us shown that this is a software bug and not a form update, we also now know it is not just a Massachusetts problem.  In fact, since the data we are talking about is entered during the Federal tax section, it is probably an issue in every state that taxes this.  Although I am comfortable with the workaround that I am using, I would have preferred to import the data directly with all of the individual line items; the way I have done it for years.

Maybe if Turbo Tax would have spent less on the millions of dollars in Super Bowl advertising and more on software development and testing, this wouldn't have happened.

I saw many folks had turned to Twitter with their issues, and guess what, Turbotax did respond to them there.

Anonymous
Not applicable

What was the response. Are they going to fix it 

Chris233

I am also having the exact same issue using turbotax online. This needs to be fixed asap, we can't be paying Turbotax money and not be able to e-file. Everything is correct, the error just appears to be a bug. Fix it.

404ED993-D4DE-496D-9851-BDD51EFD5100.jpeg

having the same issues with this message popping up, I also have over 100 transactions listed and it won’t let me e-file, I’ve read others comments of how they fixed it but it’s just an annoyance and we shouldn’t have to jump through hoops, the software should just work

I am having the same issue

Are you guys doing the work around to the state filing side or in the Federal side?.. I have this same issues as i have 245 transactions between crypto and stock. 

Not doing the work around

After many years of using turbotax I'm exploring alternates

This issue is being ignored and preventing filing

They'll happily take money from us but won't allow us to actually use the product, or reply to our issue

Called support and it was an automated message that hung up...just wasted more of my time

I can’t blame you.. if you find something good please let us know. I would love to go somewhere else… 

I don't believe there is any way to do one or the other since the state tax return picks up the data from the federal. 

You are correct

Unless you delete the 1099B info and input manually, there is no fix

Not sure if I'm going to believe this or not

But after a chat with TurboTax Support

They should be releasing a patch on 02/24

I'm curious if it's going to fix the issue we have, so I'll be waiting to find out

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies