Mkgrbsk

LIve in MD and state taxes withheld in WV

I live in Maryland and state taxes are withheld in WV.  What state returns do I have to file?  Does Turbo tax walk me through this process?

TomD8

MD and WV have tax reciprocity.

Do you work in WV?  If so, your W-2 earnings are not subject to WV withholding.  Those earnings are taxable by your home state of MD.

If that's your situation, you should file WV Form WV/IT-104 with your employer in order to stop the WV withholding.  Here's a link to that form (scroll down to bottom half of form): https://tax.wv.gov/Documents/TaxForms/it104.pdf

And you'll need to file a non-resident WV tax return, showing zero WV income, in order to obtain a refund of the incorrectly withheld WV taxes.

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.
Mkgrbsk

Thank you very much!