Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Kentucky Income tax: We do not have to pay Ky Income tax, Turbo tax has us owing Ky State tax. How to correct it?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Kentucky Income tax: We do not have to pay Ky Income tax, Turbo tax has us owing Ky State tax. How to correct it?

What is your situation? Individual Income Tax is due on all income earned by Kentucky residents and all income earned by nonresidents from Kentucky sources.

@vinjac3537 

You must define your personal situation....We don't "know" what you are talking about.

Guessing.....

1)  you might work in KY but live in a neighboring state with a reciprocal tax agreement with KY?

Then...IF....if the employer only withheld your home state taxes (like only IL withholding if you lived in IL but worked in KY), then you DO NOT INDICATE you worked in another state (KY) on the Personal Info page.   (Not sure what is done with KY local taxes though...if those were withheld...I'm not up on city/county/local area KY tax filing requirements).

2)  If you live in KY though, a KY tax return is required if you receive income during the year from any source, and it is over the minimums stated by the KY DORev, even if some of it ends up being exempt form KY taxes:  

Do I Need to File a Return - Department of Revenue (ky.gov)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies