windy1

K-1 State Schedule - required to file in each state? Is there a swift way to do this in TT?

I have Three k-1 statements with very small amounts of income and gross returns in multiple states.  Do I have to file a return in each state?  If so, how?
SeanE1

If you are a resident of a particular state and received a K-1 showing other state's source income, you may have to file a non-resident tax return for each of them. When you input your K-1 into Turbotax, you will be given the opportunity to add your other state source income.   Make sure to complete your resident state income tax return last so that it picks up and gives you credit for the taxes paid to non-resident or other jurisdictions income tax returns.

No, there is not a swift way to do this. You have to create a Non-Resident return for every state listed in your K-1. The really sad part about this is the fact that TT will charge you for EACH STATE you file (I just did this with a couple of K-1's, and, for one state, TT wanted an additional $50 from me, even though I owed that state $0).

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing