Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

It wont let me efile my state taxes

thanks, so we just wait for updates.  my VT return was rejected for TT error when i first filed and said i needed to wait for the update.  TT said the update would be that day March 4th- so it's taking longer; good to know

I'm fine waiting- federal is done, that's the big one

yes I saw this and have been getting the emails have followed all things they have told me and I am still unable to e-file my NY return say need to select a federal file which has already been accepted.  Won't go any place has been reviewed multiple times no errors just won't let me file.  Software program is flawed somewhere

I'm having exactly the same problem as "Storm...". Federal return was e-filed and accepted yesterday. It is listed by TTax as "accepted". CA return has been checked repeatedly with no errors. But TTax refuses to e-file CA return today, sending me back one screen to click "federal" as well as "state" for e-filing. This is impossible because "federal" can't be clicked,  as it already has been e-filed/accepted. Clearly this is a bug -- probably an elementary one. Please prioritize fixing it!

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

@Trilepton This is a known issue that we are working diligently to resolve. Please go here to receive email notifications when any updates related to this issue become available.

ReferenceWhy am I not able to e-file my state return after filing my Federal return?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
etr999
Returning Member

I have no errors. When I get to the point where TT wants me to make the $25 e-file payment for the state return it does not respond. I called support and was on the phone for more than n hour. I cleared the cache, tried a different browser=, shut down the program and computer, made sure I had the latest updates, change the screen size. No luck. They said they had a number of similar complaints and still have no idea what the problem is. There was no follow-up on there part. Extremely bad service from the tech side of TT. All I got Was "sorry, you will have to file by mail." When I asked if they would refund my TT purchase because I wanted a program that would e-file both federal and state they said no. 

I will recommend that people look elsewhere next year.

Same. I reported the correct AGI but it was rejected, so then I put in 0 for the AGI and tried just Federal - accepted.

Now, starting right after that and continuing over 15 days later, it still shows the federal is not e-filed (shows rejected: return reviewed). I can try to file only state but it says "This return cannot be e-filed before your federal return has been e-filed"

BUT if I try to file federal + state it does the transmission process, and then gives an error that says:

"Transmission failed: The submission is a duplicate of one that was previously received.. Please contact customer support"

@boomtown Contact customer support during business hours Monday-Friday

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax

or

https://www.facebook.com/turbotax

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies