Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jlr5934

Issues with downloading 2nd State through Desktop Windows TurboTax Deluxe

I have TurboTax Deluxe on a Windows Desktop Computer, I am attempting to download a 2nd State.  I know I have to purchase the 2nd state, when I click on the option "Get Another State", I receive a prompt to save my current filing, once saved, the Pop-Up box for State Purchase appears.  I select the 2nd State that I am needing, Kentucky, the click on Continue, I receive the prompt stating if everything looks good, press continue.  I click on Continue.  At this point, instead of asking for the Billing Address for the purchase, I receive an error message:  Hmm... it looks like we've hit a slight snag

Please try again or check back in a bit.

(Try Again button)

I click on the Try Again Button but receive the same loop for the error.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

Step 2 of E-filing Looping   Some TurboTax Online customers may experience a looping behavior during the final review or after entering their driver’s license or other ID info in the File section of their return. Some customers may also get the error message "Hmm, looks like we hit a slight snag in this section" in these areas.
We’re currently working to resolve this issue.

For a potential fix, we recommend going back through the three review sections one at a time:
Note: If your TurboTax navigation differs from what’s described here, learn more.

1. Select Federal from the left menu, then Federal Review to begin the federal review process.
  2. Select State from the left menu, then State Review to begin the state review process.
  3. Select Review from the left menu, then Check my info to begin the final review process.

If the looping behavior continues after these steps, we recommend filing an extension for your federal and state returns and paying any taxes due before the filing deadline (April 15, 2024). This will help you avoid any late fees or penalties in the event this issue isn't resolved by the deadline.

@jlr5934 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

At least one person has noted success after rebooting their computer.

Others (only if on Windows computer) have tried the Manual Update.

Manually Update TurboTax for Windows Software (intuit.com)

but no guarantees, and the suggestion to file an extension might still work.

(those using the Brave browser have noted that its firewall settings are causing issues...even though the desktop software doesn't use a browser)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies