Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rcaldwell

Installment Sale to Related Parties Error Loop

I keep getting stuck in a loop regarding the information needed for an installment sale to a related party.  When I go to file, Turbo Tax says I have errors that need fixed in regards to entering the information regarding the related party.  If I fill in the related parties' information, Turbo Tax says those lines need to be blank.  However, once I delete the related parties' information, then Turbo Tax says the information needs to be entered.  The software continues in this loop and does not allow me to transmit the returns.  This is affecting California state Form 3805E, which does not requiring the third parties information.  Federal Form 6252 does not seem to need the information either.

Can this be fixed so I can file electronically or should I just print out and mail in the returns?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
pligda1

I am having this same issue.  I have tried to remove the form, but Turbo Tax keeps adding it back asking me to fill out the fields, then telling me to remove the information from the fields, endlessly.

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

I would like to take a deeper look at this. However, I need a diagnostic file which is a copy of your tax return that has all of your personal information removed. You can send one to us by following the  directions below: 

TurboTax Online:

1. Sign into your online account.
  2. Locate the Tax Tools on the left-hand side of the screen. 
  3. A drop-down will appear. Select Tools  
  4. On the pop-up screen, click on “Share my file with agent.”
  5. This will generate a message that a diagnostic file gets sanitized and transmitted to us.
  6. Please provide the Token Number that was generated in the response.

TurboTax Desktop/Download Versions:

1. Open your return.
  2. Click the Online tab in the black bar across the top of TurboTax and select “Send Tax File to Agent
  3. This will generate a message that a diagnostic copy will be created.  Click on OK and the tax file will be sanitized and transmitted to us.
  4. Please provide the Token Number that was generated in the response.  

@rcaldwell 

@pligda1 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies