Arizonie

Injured Spouse Problem with Arizona Return

At the beginning of the Arizona state tax interview the following appears on the screen:

Injured Spouse Protection of Joint Overpayment

You could qualify for Injured Spouse Protection of Joint Overpayment if you've been financially harmed by your spouse's tax debts.

Do you want to claim Injured Spouse Protection of Joint Overpayment? Yes/No

In spite of the fact that I answered "No" TurboTax assumes that the preparer has answered "Yes" and requires Form 203 to be filed. Line 5 of Form 203 again gives the preparer a chance to indicate that the Injured questions do not apply, but I cannot override the filled-in boxes.

I need to get past this point in order to file.

pattif12

You will need to delete this form from your return.

Here are instruction on how to remove this form:

You can use the steps below to help you delete Form 203 if you are using TurboTax Online.

• Log into your account and click Take me to my return
  • Then click Tax Tools to the left and then Tools
  • Click Delete a form from the pop-up that appears
  • Then scroll down and click Delete next to Form 203 and any related worksheets for that form

Arizonie

Thank you for your reply, pattif12. I am using TurboTax Deluxe rather than TurboTax Online, and it was even easier than the steps you suggested. In Forms Mode, when I selected Forms (I think), one of the choices was Delete Form 203. I didn't even have to look for the form. This must have been an anticipated problem. The review process ran smoothly, and I am ready to file!

pattif12

Arizonie