Illinois rejected my efiled return because my husb...

Illinois rejected my efiled return because my husband’s state ID has an expiration date of 99/99/99. Turbo Tax soft wear would not allow the date. Illinois issues state ID that does not expire.

Make sure you chose the correct format for the way the date appears on the ID card.  Is it MM/DD/YYYY or is it MM/DD/YY  ?

Illinois is pretty picky about the drivers license and state ID's you can enter to e-file.  if it keeps rejecting you will need to print sign and mail your IL return.

Anonymous
Not applicable

another possible solution. go to IDR website and get ID pin.

https://mytax.illinois.gov/_/#4

then click on il-pin inquiry

need: 1)  social security number - spouses have different pins

and any of following

2a) Driver's license #

2b) state Id #

2c) adjusted gross income from last return filed which would probably be 2018

neither 2a or 2b require expiration date.