vye02

If my resident state (DC) has a recipricol agreement with my employer state (MD), do I need to file a second state return in my employer state (MD)?

The appropriate withholding forms were filed with employer, so the question is whether it is necessary to file a State Return in both states or is it sufficient to file only in my resident state (DC)?

KrisD

No, not unless you have other income to consider, such as rental income, or you paid local tax and think you might be able to get a refund of some of that.

KrisD