spacedog123

If I lived woth my father halfway through 2019 and then moved out. Do i file as living alone or with my father? I also had a different job when I left his place.

MarilynG1

If you paid over half of your own support (food, clothing, shelter, medical, education, etc.) then you would file independently and report all your income for 2019.

You may want to check with your father to see if he was planning to (or already has) claimed you as his Dependent on his tax return.

Click the link for detailed info on Financial Support

Hal_Al

If you did not provide more than half your support for the year, it depends on other factors; most importantly when did you move out of your father's home.  If it was before July 3, then you almost certainly cannot be claimed by him.

The IRS has a worksheet that can be used to help with the support calculation. See: http://apps.irs.gov/app/vita/content/globalmedia/teacher/worksheet_for_determining_support_4012.pdf The support value of a home is the fair market rental value, divided by the number of occupants.