jhemsleytax2016

If I live in Maryland but work in Washington, DC, do I have to list as me working in another state?

KatherineC

Since Washington, DC is a reciprocal “state”, if you have Maryland taxes withheld from your W-2, then you have no need to file a Washington DC tax return. 

If you have no need to file a return other than Maryland, then you do not have to indicate you worked in another state. 

Reciprocal states treat income as earned in the state you live in.

Please take a look at the link below for further information.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899178-what-is-a-state-reciprocal-agreement  

KatherineC