Solved: I work in ohio but live in pa. Do I also have to file in Ohio?

winnafred1

I work in ohio but live in pa. Do I also have to file in Ohio?

My ohio employer takes out pa state tax. When I review my pa state return on turbo tax it says the info from my federal return shows I may have to file ohio state return.

re2boys

Make sure all income is reported on your PA resident return, even that earned in OH.

Due to the reciprocal agreement between PA and OH, if the only income you have from Ohio is W2 wages, no need to file an OH return unless OH income taxes were deducted from your pay and you wish to receive a refund.

Ohio local taxes are not refundable to you but you can use them to gain a credit on your PA local taxes.  TurboTax doesn't prepare your PA local tax returns.

re2boys