turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

alidwy95

I was self-employed part of the year; lived in CT and worked part of the time in CT and part of the time in NY. What product should I get?

I have been self-employed for several years & have had a home office.  I have used Turbo Tax Deluxe successfully each year.  This year is more complicated since my self employment in CT ended in April; I was then a self employed consultant in NY for 3 months and now I am an employee at a CT company.  I am concerned about the best product to use.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MichaelMc

I was self-employed part of the year; lived in CT and worked part of the time in CT and part of the time in NY. What product should I get?

For 2016, you can use TurboTax Deluxe (or Premier) if your business only claims standard vehicle mileage, phone expenses, and/or miscellaneous expenses up to $100, but that does not describe most self-employed businesses.

TurboTax Home and Business provides full support for Schedules C and C-EZ.

The Home and Business version supports additional business expenses, including home offices and depreciation, and provides additional coaching to maximize your business-related deductions.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MichaelMc

For 2016, you can use TurboTax Deluxe (or Premier) if your business only claims standard vehicle mileage, phone expenses, and/or miscellaneous expenses up to $100, but that does not describe most self-employed businesses.

TurboTax Home and Business provides full support for Schedules C and C-EZ.

The Home and Business version supports additional business expenses, including home offices and depreciation, and provides additional coaching to maximize your business-related deductions.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies